Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When can I visit The Old Courts?
Q: Can I bring food/drink into The Old Courts?
A: No outside food or drink is allowed to be brought into the venue.
Q: How do I book a ticket?
A: You can purchase tickets for any of our shows online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. All of our events are listed and can be bought here. To book by phone, call 01942 834747 between 10-4pm Tuesday-Friday (excluding bank holidays). You can also come and see us in person by visiting our box office.
Q: Where can I park?
A: On-street pay and display parking is available outside the venue, which is free after 6.30pm on weekdays and on Sundays. There are also a selection of car parks to choose from in Wigan Town Centre, see more information here.
Q: Why can’t I get through on the phone?
A: Please note there are times when our phone lines are very busy. You can purchase tickets for any of our shows online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Q: Who do I contact for lost property?
A: Call us on 01942 834747 for all lost property enquiries.
Q: How old do you need to be to attend an event?
A: Whilst the Bailiff Bar is always strictly over 18's, the other venues are dependent on the event. Please check the event details for more information. You can find the event listings here.
It is very important that we ask anyone who is thinking about coming to an event with additional accessibility requirements to contact the venue prior to booking tickets, all of our events are different and we have to assess the risks involved individually. Our team are happy to discuss your personal needs in detail and will always strive to do what we can to assist within the boundaries of safety and comfort.
What we have:
- A wheelchair ramp to access the building via the Bailiff Bar entrance 1 on King St. West. This ramp makes it suitable for wheelchair users to access the stage for any events with open mic. It’s best to let us know before the start of the night if you wish to access the stage and we will set up the room accordingly.
- A Super trac suitable for standard sized wheelchairs- maximum width 700mm- maximum weight 120kg. This climbs stairs to make every floor of the building accessible. This can only be used by one wheelchair at a time and is operated by a member of staff. Please book prior to ordering tickets to ensure trained members of staff are on shift.
Our Super Trac is similar to the lift shown above
What we can do:
- We offer disabled people the opportunity to book some time to try the ramp and/ or Supatrak during a quiet time and visit all areas of the building so you can decide how comfortable this will be for you during your visit.
- We are building an accessible toilet in the Bailiff Bar (Level 0) during January 2019. The male toilet near the Theatre, Isherwood Gallery and Victorian Court Room (Level 2) is accessible. Some wheelchair users have found the other toilets in the building suitable according to their personal needs.
What we need:
- Your feedback. Please visit us and tell us your access needs so we can continue to try and access funds to fully update the building and our events so they are welcoming for everyone.
Assistance Dogs and Guide Dogs:
- We love Dogs at the Old Courts and have our own office dog Bear, and we are happy to let Dogs into the space. We can however not permit Dogs in the Venue's when there is Live Music as the noise level whilst safe for Humans is potentially damaging for Dogs sensitive ears.